Today is day one for me on our 30 day Paleo Challenge (we “officially” started on Saturday, but I ended up having some processed food and grains over the weekend, so I’m counting as Monday as day one). Over the weekend we raided our pantry, taking out the healthy items and keeping all the bad things inside, then closing the door. We also raided the fridge, giving to Tom’s parents all of our diary items. I will miss that Gouda.
We went shopping to Sprouts, Costco and Trader Joe’s over the weekend, and bought a lot of veggies, fruits, seafood and meats. This was the first time while shopping that we looked at the contents of everything before buying – did you know they put sugar in almost EVERYTHING? There were so many things that we used to buy frequently packed with sugar and we never knew. What an eye opener.
Since this is officially day one of our challenge, Tom and I measured and weighed ourselves:
Tom: 255lbs, 15in arms, 25in waist, 26in thighs.
Me: 236.4lbs, 16in arms, 46in waist, 51in hips, 29.5 thighs. YIKES.
For breakfast, I thought I’d share what we had:
- 3 eggs
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 2 slices of turkey breast
- garlic and onion powder (As much as you want)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Almond Butter
- In a frying pan, saute the red peppers in very little olive oil – you won’t need much. Add in the turkey breast (which I chopped up) to the pan.
- In a cup (or bowl) mix the eggs, garlic and onion powder to taste. Tom and I loooove our garlic. Add the eggs when finished to the pan and mix it all up, as scrambled eggs.
- While that is cooking, cut up the bananas and strawberries. Tom did not want any almond butter, and I used half a teaspoon for my fruit. Add some salsa to taste, and enjoy!